In Overclocked, the adventure game veterans from House of Tales tackle a problem that is as archetypal, as it is topical: violence.
Set against the backdrop of a catastrophic thunderstorm raging over New York, Overclocked mixes frightening fictional thriller Elements with real research findings on war simulation and psychology. As a US army psychiatrist, the player is tasked with exploring the memories of several characters as he finds himself in a true psychological thriller unlike anything we have seen so far.
Using innovative narrative structures, Overclocked charts the diffuse areas where memories and illusions, dreams and reality, perpetrators and victims meet and deals with an issue that is as topical as it is ancient: violence.
Technically, Overclocked takes the engine from The Moment of Silence to the next level with an innovative character animation system, improved facial expressions, more real-time camera movement, cinematic dialogues and lots of interaction � the results are strong visuals and an involving story. Overclocked is a political psycho-thriller with survival-horror flair that offers thrills, as well as plenty food for thought.
Here are some key features of "Overclocked: A History of Violence Demo":
· Experience Overclocked from various perspectives as you play as six different characters throughout the game
· Explore 45 diverse locations
· Innovative storytelling techniques create a unique gameplay experience
· Meet and interact with a cast of intriguing characters, each with their own distinct personalities
· Characters come to life with fluid movements and realistic facial expressions created with EMotion's FX 2 technology
· Cinematic cut-scenes designed using advanced camera techniques pioneered by feature films
· Exceptional visuals enhanced by shadow and shader effects, real-time atmospheric particle effects (rain, snow, lightening), and dynamic lighting
· Unique icon-based dialogue system
· OS: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
· CPU: 1.3 GHz Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon processor
· RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended for Windows Vista)
· Video: DirectX 9-compliant video card Shader Model 1.1
· PC DVD-ROM: 4x
· Sound: DirectX 9 compliant sound card
· Available Hard Disk Space: 5 GB
· DirectX: 9.0c
· Other: Mouse, Keyboard and Speakers