Shift into high gear! Designed to deliver a true driver’s experience that reflects contemporary motorsports, Need for Speed SHIFT is built by racers for racers. Need for Speed SHIFT delivers an authentic and immersive driving experience.
Need for Speed SHIFT replicates the true feeling of racing high-end performance cars like never before. The player will be thrust into the heart of the action with immersive and exciting features including a stunningly realistic first-person cockpit view camera and an all-new crash mechanic, providing an unrivaled sensation of the speed and feeling of racing a car on the extreme edge of control.
Here are some key features of "Need for Speed SHIFT":
- True Driver’s Experience - A variety of visual cues delivers the true driver’s experience including a three-dimensional HUD that mimics driver head movement, inertia and G-forces. The depth of field also adjusts based on the speed of the car; so when the car is traveling at high speeds the perspective will shift to the distance putting the car/cockpit out of focus.
- Driver Profile - What kind of driver are you? Driver profile tracks the player’s evolution as a race driver from event to event. This system is made up of a driver’s personality on the track, their success rate and any profile points and badges accrued all of which work together to create a tailor-made career and game play experience. Driver profile is pervasive throughout all modes: career and online.
- Dynamic Crash Effect - When the player hits a static object or opponent car, the player will feel like they are 'taking damage'. A combination of visual and audio effects will leave the player disorientated and briefly disrupt the race.
- Total Customization - Need for Speed SHIFT features a comprehensive customization option that lets the player tailor every aspect of the cars performance and styling. Go under the hood to upgrade and tune your vehicle to increase its performance. The visual customization system allows players to personalize both the exterior and trick out the interior to reflect their individual style and preferences.
- Photo Real Cars and Tracks - Nearly 70 licensed cars are available including the Pagani Zonda F, Audi RS4, and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR. There is also over 15 real-world locations like Willow Springs and Laguna Seca as well as fictional circuits like downtown London and Tokyo.
- OS: Windows XP (SP3)/Vista (SP1)/Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz or faster
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (XP); 1.5 GB RAM (Vista/Windows 7)
- HDD: 6 GB
- Video: 256 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 3.0
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- DVD Drive – 8 SPEED
- Input – Keyboard, Mouse
- DirectX – DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Optional – USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad