Myth is a real time tactical game based on squad and unit management rather than resource gathering and expansion. Thanks to a realistic physics engine and meticulous unit balance, gameplay is highly varied and flexible.
Your success or failure will be dictated by clear planning, an understanding of the terrain and an ability to mobilise your troops effectively; brute force alone will likely get you killed.
Set against the backdrop of an ancient cyclical struggle, Myth II tracks the progress of the forces of light in an epic crusade for survival. The wild lands and immersive history of Myth—influenced heavily by mythology and literature—provide an exquisite setting for the desperate battle to defeat Soulblighter's dark minions, and secure the fate of the world.
You can also play Myth online, both cooperatively and competitively. The faithful fan community that has sprung up around the game as a result, has produced an incredible array of 3rd party maps and add-ons that have further extended the life of the series. You can get involved too with the bundled mapmaking tools and community-run servers currently in operation.
Here are some key features of "Myth II: Soulblighter Demo":
· Kill your enemies on 25 levels of solo carnage.
· Kill your friends on 20 netmaps and multiple game types.
· Witness an epic story unfold through cut-scenes, immersive voice-acting, and an evocative musical score.
· Command legions of balanced units to deal destruction in original ways.
· Create brand new environments and worlds with the level editors, Fear and Loathing
· Play hundreds of 3rd party plugins and mods that take the game to completely new heights.
· OS: Win 95/XP
· CPU: 233MHz
· RAM: 64 MB
· 100 MB disk space
· Limited game play