Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition Demo 2010.019
If your one of those who are interested in modern air/naval wargaming, but haven't had an opportunity to try your hand, here's a chance with Harpoon CE
Like its predecessors, Harpoon - Commander’s Edition allows players to assume the role of a fleet commander, making the same type of decisions he has to make, using the same type and quality of information he might expect to get in wartime.
As players take to the seas and command a huge variety of ships in an equally as varied choice of theaters and historical conflicts, naval officers and naval strategy fans alike will revel the depth and richness of Larry Bond's Harpoon – Commander’s Edition.
You will be able to experience realistic game play with all new features, art, and more! Choosing from an accurate and editable database of platforms, weapons, and sensors, players can fight one of 269 provided scenarios covering the height of the Cold War to Pirates in Malaysia, or use the provided editors to create their own.
- The most complete anthology of computer Harpoon ever assembled with builds stretching from Harpoon Alpha 880916 all the way tthe latest and greatest versions of Advanced Naval Warfare (v3.10) and Commanders Edition (v2009.050)!
- Plenty of extras and bonuses like new editors, more documentation, and improved art
- Tons of features and improvements tboth Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition
- New Features for Harpoon Advanced Naval Warfare
- Encrypted databases
- Boarding actions
- Advanced parameters for programming enemy forces in the ScenariEditor
- Sonar upgrades tmodel sonar closer tthe actual Bond/Carlson models
- All the editors are now included:
- Game based ScenariEditor (H3SE)
- Game based Database Editor (H3DC)
- MS Access based Reimer Database Editor (H3RE)
- New musical theme
- Additional platform pictures and hand painted pictures from DigitalMilitaryArt.com
- Updated, expanded, and re-organized manuals
- New Features for Harpoon Commanders Edition
- Expanded WestPac BattleSet as seen in the HCE Demo!
- New EMCON AI that tells the AI when tturn on sensors and prompts player tturn on sensors. It is now much more intelligent and at times sneaky.
- Many new command line switches for the Game Engine and ScenariEditor.
- Updated HCDB Database including but not limited to:
- Shi Lang (Varyag) CV China
- DF-21C ASBM Bty China
- JAS.39C Gripen - South Africa
- Manthatisi (T209/1400) SS - South Africa
- P-8I Poseidon - India
- Many new hotkeys for a wide variety of interface controls
- Air tAir guns in aircraft loadouts now work allowing much better modelling of WWII air warfare.
- Implemented a new Escort jamming model with greater variability in the protection a jammer can offer nearby groups against distant radars.
- Unit Window now uses the same zoom levels as the Group Window and can use the Textured Land and Water settings.
- Added the stopped clock time compression option (the ability tpause without the pause dialog preventing map traversal and menu traversal). Alseffected with Ctrl-Alt-p hotkey.
- ScenariDesigners can now add a platform of a particular name ta scenariany number of times, allowing more units of a Class than the database recognizes. This is particularly useful for land-based air defense units.
- Scenaridesigners can now successfully use Staff Notes tsend the player messages at specific times in the scenario.
Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition Demo
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!