Failed utopias litter a dark world stage. War and corruption are the hallmarks of the 21st century. The manipulations of the Elite have soured the Masses till hate and distrust destroyed all that was good in the world.
The corporate combines and political machinery were relentless in their campaigns against humanity. With blank faces the powerful fell upon their weakened prey. No honor, no mercy, no rationale could explain their assault save that a madness had gripped the Elite. Extermination by all means possible seemed their plan, as though a clean slate were all that mattered to them.
Then something happened. From out of the forgotten places of the earth an awakening unfolded. The hackers are an elite society that deals in breaking security systems. So consumed were the Masses with surviving the attacks of the Elite that no one noticed the first of the Elder colonies. But when waves of the Silent Resistance spread out against the Elite cowering men knew the Elder Races had sided with them.
Did they come to save humanity? Would the Elder Races turn on lowly man once the Elite had been swept aside? No one knew. But they welcomed ‘Those of Olde’ whatever their plans may be.
Here are some key features of "Hackers of 2073 Demo":
· Play as a hacker or technomage, each with its own abilities
· Navigate a series of networks using "Minesweeper"-like logic
· Avoid objects trying to stop you!
· Use a variety of programs to assist in navigation including
· Solve 20 puzzles in 6 categories to access the final challenge
· Custom difficulties allow you to tailor the game to your skills and likes.
· Complete the final challenge to destroy the 4 of the greatest threats to 2073!
· OS: Win XP/Vista
· Start with only 30 minutes instead of 60.
· Only 3 rooms per network instead of 5.
· Only 5 different Image Pass puzzles instead of dozens.
· Only 6 different Pattern puzzles instead of dozens.
· One fixed size NetworkLink puzzle (but randomly generated each time).
· One fixed sized Dual Snakes puzzles (but randomly generated each time).
· Only 12 different Phrase Pass puzzles instead of 1000.
· Difficulty of the puzzles vary from easy to hard, but you cannot set the difficulty.
· Can only play the Hacker.