D-Bug is an ultra-fast top-down shooter. In order to play it successfully, you need to master the controls of shooting, moving and targeting at the same time.
Here are some key features of "D Bug":
- Use the W, A, S, and D keys to move. You can customize these controls from the menu.
- Move the mouse cursor to target and press the left mouse button to fire your current weapon.
- The closer to your player character you target, the more accurate your fire will be; the further away you target, the more spread-out your fire will be. There are advantages to both but make sure every bullet counts! You can adjust the mouse speed from the Options -> Weapons menu.
- There are a number of weapons at your disposal. Unless you play in Rush mode, you will always start off with the handgun. Pick up heavier weapons as you progress. All weapons need to be reloaded, during which you are most vulnerable. Reloading is automatic when you run out of ammo but you can reload manually by pressing 'r' when you feel the area is safe enough.
- Heavier weapons have a much longer than small weapons.
- Grenades are your closest ally. Right-click to set one off and kill or heavily damage all enemies within a 10-meter range. Best used when completely cornered.
- Power-ups are collectible items, such as health or a bullet-time Power Up.
- Power-ups can be collected by walking over them and will only last for a short time; they are important for your survival.
- Grenades: Contains 3 grenades
- NuclearBomb: Kills or damages every enemy on screen
- Health: Boosts your health by 25%
- Shield: Completely protects you from damage for a short period
- Speed: Allows you to move much faster than usual and outrun your enemies
- BulletTime: You can react in real-time while everything else is running in slow-motion
- SuperCharge: Boosts your weapon fire destructiveness
- Cripple: Cripples and slows down all enemies
- Confusion: A nerve gas confuses your enemies; targeting you is a lot harder
- Double Experience: Doubles your killing experience for a short period
- UrniumRounds: Uranium-tipped bullets pass thru multiple enemies for extra deadly effect
- ShockChain Explosion: Causes a series of chain-linked explosions killing all nearby enemies
- MineLayer: Create yourself a nice minefield for your enemies
- SentryGun: A do-it-yourself, fully automatic tracking Sentry Gun kit
- Thumper: A 200-pound ground hammer, attracts bugs like flies
- Modifiers are modifications you can make to your player and will last throughout the level, unlike Power Ups, which only last for a short period.
- Modifiers are not collected, but instead earned by experience points. Whenever you reach enough experience, you gain a new experience level and you are given a random list of Modifiers to choose from. You can select a modifier by clicking it with the mouse without leaving the action or you can pause the game by pressing the Space Bar and select a modifier (If you do not select a modifier within 10 seconds, the modifier list will disappear but you will receive an 'unselected modifier bonus' at the end of the game.)
- Instant Reload: You will be able to reload your weapon in a fraction of the usual time
- Heavy Ammo: You pack 25% more ammo than usual in your weapons
- Intensity: Increases your weapon firing rate by 25%
- Armor: Permanently decreases the effect of enemy attacks
- Messy: Your weapon packs a 25% bigger punch
- Infector: Your blood is infected by a deadly virus killing any monster on contact
- Pyromaniac: Aiming at enemies will cause them to catch fire. No need to get close.
- RadioActive: You are surrounded by a radioactive glow. Not good for your enemies
- ReflexBoost: Gain much needed extra movement speed
- FreezeGaze: Looking at enemies will make them freeze with fear.
- BloodSpiller: One hit and your enemies will slowly bleed to death. Fire and forget.
- PowerUp Extender: Extends the time a power-up lasts for 25%.
- DeathClock: Your last option. You are invincible for 30 seconds but you WILL die.
- Regressive Fire: As long as you have experience points, you can fire while reloading.
- BuzzSaw: Cut your enemies down to size with a boomerang-like set of blades.
Unlock Weapon: Unlocks a random new weapon. Make sure to select it often.