Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! is a turn-based tactical strategy game with deep historical routs that includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby.
The game was designed using historically accurate data. It teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.
Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! will transports you you to the Eastern Front of World War II right during the Operation Barbarossa, when the German forces invade the Soviet Union. The game features a historical roster of infantry, artillery, mechanized and support units for the Axis and Soviet forces for the time frame of Operation Barbarossa.
Included in the game are eleven new Frontier scenarios, five new Commanding Heights scenarios and a very flexible “Partisan Road” Point Buy scenario.
Here are some key features of "Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear":
· Official adaptation of the multiple award-winning board game Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear!
· Full 3D Graphics as well as board game-style Chit graphics. Supports a flexible 3D camera view or top down 2D camera view.
· Fun: Quick-paced simultaneous play allows both players to interact with no waiting.
· Fast: Scenarios vary in length from only 1/2 hour to 2-3 hours.
· Easy: Teach a new player how to play in ten minutes! Full in-game tutorials included as well as a full color printed manual.
· Historically Accurate: Learn the unique tactics and logistics used by each historical faction.
· Challenging: Realistic military tactics are required to win.
· Full AI: Play any scenario against the computer when a human opponent is unavailable
· Multi-player: TCP/IP Multiplayer support with game lobby and forum for internet play (requires one open port) as well as LAN play support
· Awakening the Bear Firefights: Ten Scenarios faithfully adapted from the original board game
· Commanding Heights Firefights: Five new scenarios set in the Kerch Peninsula in 1942
· Frontier Firefights: Eleven new scenarios set across the Eastern Front in 1941-1942
· Point Buy Firefight: "Partisan Road", a flexible and replayable point-buy scenario
· Full Scenario Editor: Create and share new scenarios using any of the "Awakening the Bear!" units
· OS: Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7
· CPU: 1GHz
· RAM: 1GB
· Video/Graphics: 128MB DirectX 9.0c Dedicated Video Card
· Sound: DirectX 9 Supported
· Hard disk space: 2GB
· CD-Rom: Yes, for physical version only
· DirectX version: 9.0c
· NET Framework: 3.5
· XNA Framework: 3.1
· Peripheral hardware: Mouse, Keyboard
· Limited game play