Avernum: Escape From the Pit is the first chapter in an Indie fantasy role-playing saga, the tale of desperate exiles and their battle for survival and a land to call their own.
You have been banished to the underworld, never to see the light of day again.
The surface is ruled by the cruel Emperor Hawthorne, master of the Empire. All of the known lands are subject to his brutal command. Everyone who speaks out, who misbehaves, who doesn’t fit in is cast into the dark, volcanic pits of Avernum, far below the surface. There, you are expected to die, a victim of starvation, horrible monsters, or simple despair.
But not all of the Avernites have surrendered. With magic and steel, they are forging a new nation deep underground. You can join them and fight for safety. Or freedom. Or even, if you dare, revenge on the surface-worlders who tried to destroy you. Start on a new epic quest for survival.
Here are some key features of "Avernum - Escape From the Pit":
· Epic fantasy adventure in an enormous underworld.
· Huge outdoors and eighty towns and dungeons.
· Three separate game-winning quests. Seek safety, escape or revenge. Do just one of them or all three!
· Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
· Dozens of side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.
· Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.
· PC Running Windows XP or later
· 800 MhZ processor. Minimum 1.6 GhZ processor recommended.
· Video card or processor with OpenGL support and 32 MB video RAM (64 MB recommended).
· 512 MB RAM, and 200 MB hard disk space.
· 1024x600 screen resolution with 32 bit color.
· Limited Gameplay