Environ has been shattered in the wake of an unknown cataclysm, with only small pockets of humanity left in its wake... What will you do in this strange new world?
The creators of AI War bring you a procedurally-generated 2D side-scrolling adventure of limitless proportions. You will have to survive and explore a vast persistent world filled with dangerous creatures, powerful magic, and ancient technology. Do so while helping other survivors establish settlements, gathering resources to craft, fending off evil invaders, and more.
Here are some key features of "A Valley Without Wind":
· Explore the beautiful and dangerous regions of Environ in a sprawling adventure. Travel through lush countryside, ruined towns, deep subterranean caves, and buildings of all shapes and sizes.
· Procedural-generation ensures no two worlds will ever be the same. Your planet unfolds as you discover it, and once you've discovered something it becomes part of your Environ for good.
· Take command of survivor settlements. Scout surrounding areas for rare crafting materials and fend off invaders in the turn-based strategic overlay. Improve resident productivity and quality of life through the city-building interface at each settlement.
· Bring to life an infinite amount of characters, settings and stories. You don't just represent an individual, you represent an entire civilization and its indomitable will to survive in a shattered world.
· Everywhere has treasures to discover, people to help, and evils to confront. Craft a variety of spells, scrolls, and traps to help you on your way.
· During beta, there are new updates nearly every weekday -- packed with additional content, improvements, and much more.
· OS: Windows Vista/7
· You cannot craft spells higher than tier 2, and you cannot leave the first continent.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Over 160 new room maps.
· 15 new regular enemies
· 8 new minibosses
· 16 new "elite" enemies (plus the idea of elites at all)
· 5 classes of infestations (plus the idea of infestations at all)
· A new "craggy highlands" region/biome type.
· 8 new music tracks
· 5 new classes of player enchants
· 3 new player spells
· Substantial rebalancement of most player spells.
· The ability to give "wait here" orders to NPCs in rescue missions.
· Larger and more intricate continent designs.
· Rebalanced and streamlined strategic flow.
· No more Civilization Progress (CP) in favor of better mechanics.
· One central in-game currency rather than six.
· A new "Opal Guardian Store" in settlements.
· Loot drops from trash mobs, for use at the opal store.
· A better enchant-based system of upgrades in place of upgrade stones.
· New Feet enchant slot, splitting out items from the Legs slot.
· Streamlined character selection/creation process.
· Unique attributes for characters by time period.
· More enchant-like unique attributes for every individual character.
· Heavily revised and rebalanced existing missions to player feedback.
· New Freefall and Boss Delve mission types.
· More rewards from doing secret missions.
· No penalties/drawbacks from doin world map missions.
· More gradual ramp-up in difficulty of the harder mission types.
· New spell scroll that you can find and use to turn yourself into tiny t-rex.
· A "shopping list" system helping you to keep track of your self-set goals.
· Many improvements to the existing planning menu in general.
· Smaller, more fun lieutenant towers filled with infestations.
· Texture pack support.
· Smoother minimap exploration.
· More fun and threatening windstorm mechanics.
· Many new multiplayer admin commands (largely anti-griefing-related).
· Vastly more fun ocean exploration.
· Minor continent-wide bonuses from building settlement structures.
· Longer durations on continent-wide guardian power scroll uses.
· Filtering to the enchants inventory for vastly easier management of many enchants.
· Improved elemental strengths/weaknesses for enemies in general.
· Much better (completely randomized) elemental strengths/weaknesses for bosses).
· 7 new achievements