Warzone 2100 is a real-time strategy game, developed by Pumpkin Studios and published by Eidos Interactive. Although comparable to Earth 2150 in many significant respects, it does contain aspects that are unique.
These include various radar technologies, a greater focus on artillery and counter-battery technologies, more frequent in-game cinematic updates as gameplay progress, as well as a different vehicle design method. It was released in 1999 for both PC and Playstation.
In late 2004 warzone was released by its copyright holders, Eidos Interactve, to the public under the GNU General Public License (GPL), and the Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project was born leading to what we see today.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix: Fix multiturret droids trying to look at invalid weapon slots of structures when looking at their targets. (99ec8a015e)
· Change: Show tooltips for player & tech level buttons. (0c77b898c2)
· Fix: Fix an invalid pointer dereferencing issue in the script events system. (#2300, dfbceff864)
· Change: Improve shooting over structures (cc0756a10a)
· Change: Revert 'Try to make cliffs more prominent' patch, it has unintended consequences. (663bc6db06)
· Fix: Fixed crash for all players when the last player clicks "Ready" too many times. (#2346, eea0d0276a)
· Fix: Fix truck limit when giving trucks (commit: a6b3f0bd94ce8f6e64e6cc09cf5efbc2a4cb1ad0)
· Fix: Fix kicking of non-hosts who didn't have default color values. (#2329, fd2843e643)
· Updated: Korean (#2098, 0a669496a1)