UFO2000 is free and opensource turn based tactical squad simulation multiplayer game.
While UFO2000 engine was specifically designed to be compatible with the graphics resources and maps from X-COM, you don't need any proprietary data files to play as a new fan-made set of graphics exists and is included in UFO2000 distribution by default, so the game is ready to run out of the box.
But if you want an exact X-COM look and feel, you have an option of installing original X-COM and TFTD data files and use them for extending UFO2000 with additional maps, weapon sets and units.
· OS: Win XP
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Corrected the blind spot in soldier visibility bug. (Nachtwolf)
· Balanced visibility of flying soldiers VS ground soldiers. Soldiers can now almost see above their head, but only 45 degrees below. (Nachtwolf)
· Developers guide updated (Serge)
· Added electroflares. (Cirix)
· Friendly units now have light around them when walking at night. (Nachtwolf)
· Chryssalids added. (Patch by Kratos, inventory image by Nachtwolf)
· Dawn city added to repository (Hobbes)
· Added Medikit support (Azrael Strife)
· Commented a lot and cleaned some function definitions. (Cirix)
· Bug fixes. (Nachtwolf)