Minetest-c55 is one of the first InfiniMiner/Minecraf inspired games with a goal of taking the survival multiplayer gameplay to a slightly different direction.
You can build houses, dig, climb, or just about anything you want. Minetest-c55 is available for the Mac OS X, Windows and Linux platforms.
Here are some key features of "Minetest":
- Survival mode with inventory and crafting. This mode is being currently developed.
- Creative mode with infinite blocks at your disposal. This is a by-product of making the actual game and not the actual focus of development.
- Multiplayer support for N players
- Awesome dynamic lighting (quite similar to Minecraft)
- Almost infinite world (limited to +-31000 blocks in all directions at the moment)
- Infinite map generator
- Runs natively on Windows, Linux and OS X
- New Features:
- Big gameplay changes:
- Added drowning (PilzAdam, RealBadAngel, BlockMen)
- Added weather support (proller)
- Smaller gameplay tweaks:
- Added new sounds (someone who can't decide if he wants to be called mitori or mito551)
- Don't predict placing and removing nodes if interact privilege is missing (PilzAdam)
- Logistic changes:
- Clean up rendering code a bit (increases FPS by 5 to 10) (Exio)
- Added support for IPv6 (matttpt)
- Don't write player files all the time if they are not modified (PilzAdam)
- Made the main menu Lua based (sapier, kahrl)
- Change static ContentFeatures array into a vector (rathgit, kahrl)
- Allow multiple singleplayer games at the same time (PilzAdam)
- Added texture pack selection to main menu (Novatux)
- Don't write files directly but rather write to a temporary file that gets renamed after succesfully written; fixes many causes of corrupted files (PilzAdam)
- Adjust the Lua API structure and improve header inclusion to decrease compile time (kahrl)
- Database abstrac...