The main purpose of the game is to find your way through the maze and avoid being shot.
- Version 1.7 is the first Win32 port of E2, it is also the first release for 8 years!
- Converted the code to run under Win32 using the Allegro game programming library. The entire game has been ported from real-mode Borland TC v3 for DOS while keeping the look and feel identical to preserve the game's heritage. This took some doing but its great to play it again.
- Changed the 2 player keys and added full on joystick support for both players. This works especially well when using PS controllers via a special PC adaptor!
- Recorded new demos because the file format has changed somewhat (demo files are now compressed too).
- Added quick save/load F6/F7.
- Fixed a whole ton of bugs and optimised loads of stuff.
- Combined the intro (the scrolling maps and demos are mixed together).
- Basically the game looks and plays the same but is totally different underneath.