Eliot is a free, open-source Scrabble game. It offers 4 different game modes (standard game, duplicate mode, training mode and arbitration mode).
The free game mode is the standard one, ideal for having fun with your friends or family. You can play the game against a friend so that you can test your skills.
In the duplicate mode, all the players are faced with the same board and letters at the same time. It is mainly used in clubs and competitions since it takes away the chance (and tactics) component(s) of the game.
The training mode allows to play alone and make progress for the duplicate. It gives more freedom than the multiplayer modes.
The arbitration mode lets you arbitrate very efficiently a duplicate game, possibly with an important number of players.
Here are some key features of "Eliot":
· support of different dictionaries (French, English, Spanish, Catalan)
· various dictionary tools (7+1, search by regular expressions, ...)
· configurable artificial intelligence
· ability to navigate in the game history
· saving/loading games
· OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New topping mode:
· the goal is to find the top move as fast as possible
· words can be tried freely
· ergonomic interface, words can be typed quickly
· various hints can be used to help the player
· penalties can be configured
New reports system (in Python), easily extensible. There are two reports at the moment (cf. README):
· stats.py: generates an HTML page similar to the statistics window in Eliot
· sigles.py: generates a file usable with the SIGLES program (used in French Scrabble tournaments)
· New "master game" feature: allows replaying a game with the same racks and words as in the reference game (be it in the same mode or in another one)
· New option to detect if new versions of Eliot are available
· new option to handle solos automatically
· new search filter, filtering points
· added information
· allow flipping the table
· allow print preview and printing
· new "visual" rack under the main board
· tiles can be reordered using drag & drop in the visual rack
· automatic preview (on the board) of the word being played
· the timer can be used as a chronometer (using ctrl+click)
· easier handling of players in the "New game" dialog
· new "Print preview" menu entry
· listdic program: use getopt
· saved games: much more information is stored