BrickWalker IV is an arcade platformer with several campaign. The goal is to use bomb and arrow and to conquer all the levels. The game even features a tutorial so you can learn how to play.
Here are some key features of "BrickWalker IV":
· 1-2 players (Hotseat splitspreen)
· Ingame level editor
· 20+ different enemies including flying enemies and ghosts
· Many different campaigns with their own themes
· 3 different level objectives
· Incredible low hardware requirements
· Ladders, jump tiles and blockers, teleporters, movers, etc.
· 3 different difficulties
· OS: Windows Vista/7
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Note for users that are upgrading: The highscores and Unlocked.xml are to be deleted before running this version.
· Changed some of the readme sections.
· Added the plasma gun and plasma pickups.
· Projectile impact sounds are now only played if they are close enough to any player.
· Increased the size of the listview in the texture selector.
· Added the ladder-tile color code to the selector and added a color codes button.
· Ghost2's no longer die when a switch is flipped adding a solid tile onto them. The players now however do die when they collide with that upon flipping the switch.
· Fixed 2 bugs in swirly.xml and the fires in the classicX1.xml now kill the player again. Version 0.9.7 broke the fires in classicX.
· Added a new campaign
· Changed pretty much the entire campaign inner workings. It now uses an xml file to retrieve it's data from and the Unlocked.xml filesize has been dramatically decreased.
· Highscores now have their own folder.
· Switches now use colored cells onmousehover and their 'reactivates' are now handled by the level editor.
· Added support in the editor for the different mover types, fixed a mover bug, Added mover lines and destinations, added Snap2Grid for the movers and added extra movers. Also moved the location of the textures.
· Fixed a crash in the "play" command in the level editor when the level supplied does not exist.
· Added laser and plasma projectiles and traps.
· Traps got an additional option: IsAlwaysActive.
· Fixed a bug that caused enemies not to shoot when the player was in range.
· Added more enemies.
· Fixed a bug that caused the player to play the jump sound where he does not initiate a jump.
· Added enemy teleporters with editor support.
· Added triggable secret areas.
· Primary weapons can be switched. Weapons are also automatically switched to a usable one on pickup.
· Added support for the new keys in the keymap menu.
· Fixed a bug in multiplayer that caused enemies & tiles to be updated twice per update-cycle (only if both players were together).
· Added support for the "-" minus sign in the console (yes I know that was a really stupid issue)...
· The Level editor can be started mulitple times within one game session.
· The fall speed of moving traps are now fps independent too.
· Fixed player animation when standing on movers.
· Level changes/balances.
· Added a default texture for the BG.
· Players now receive an extra life every x score where x is determined by the campaign (set in Campaigns.xml). Defaults to 1000 and arcade is always 1000. - Added a batch installer.
· Fixed an issue on easy mode that drew debug information on the screen.