Do you like fast paced deathmatch? How about rich, colorful, arcadelike atmospheres? How about...retro Sci Fi? Ready your weapons and start shooting! This game combines some of the very best aspects of such games as Quake III and Unreal Tournament and wraps them up with a retro alien theme, while adding tons of original ideas to make the game quite unique.
Alien Arena is a fast paced, furious frag fest with arenas ranging from the small, to the massive. With a large built-in player base, it's never hard to find a good match going on, at any hour of the day.
The community is friendly, as well as prolific. Dozens of maps, models, and various accessories have been created by community members to add on to the game experience. The CRX engine that powers Alien Arena has received very signifigant upgrades in recent releases, resulting not only in stunning new visuals, but vastly increased performance as well.
· OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
· CPU: 1 GHz
· RAM: 256 MB
· HDD: 500 MB
· Video: 3D Accelerator
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Extended use of VBO for signifigant performance increases on high settings.
· A number of bot AI changes to improve navigation, combat and more human like behavior.
· Added a number of video resolutions.
· "Dm Lights" server option.
· Menu changes to make things behave more consistently and intuitively.
· When entering join server menu, servers only refreshed on first entry, unless refresh button is pressed.
· Entity def files to allow maps to have multiple game types and configurations.
· Chaingun behavior smoothed out.
· Grass/vegetation rendering visually improved, and optimized.
· CTF scoring improvements.
· Smarter precaching.
· Speed hack detection improvements.
· Fixed account bugs.
· Optimizations for IQM and MD2 rendering.
· Stats math refactoring.
· New maps - TCA-Invasion, CTF-Zion2k9
· New violator sounds, skin, and effects.
· Added "ultra" skill level to single player mode.
· Added sun object control to scripts.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as Crawler Toolbar) that the program does not require to fully function