A useful Java tool for Nintendo Entertainment System games
D-Pad: Arrow Keys
B Button: Z
A Button: X
Select: Right Shift
Note on joystick support:
HalfNES must be launched using the "run.bat" file for joysticks to work! The lib folder must also be in the same location as halfnes.jar is. The first detected gamepad will be used as Controller 1, and the second will be Controller 2. Currently the buttons used are not configurable.
- Joystick support through both Direct Input and xInput (thanks Zlika)
- Supports Mapper 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 34, 66, 68, 69, 71, 78, 87, 118, 119, 226
- SRAM save support (no save states however)
- Accurate sound core
- Fast video code with NTSC filter (filter is still slow)
- Full screen support
- Cross-platform portable
- Added options dialog for easier remapping of keys
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- PPU is now pixel accurate. Meaning that many glitchy games are now completely
- fixed. However it also means that performance is worse.
- MMC3 and MMC5 scanline counters have been rewritten to be more accurate.
- Fixed games: