The development team at Valve is launching another one of its customary updates for the Source engine technology, which affects Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.
The major changes for Source eliminate a hang-up on game startup that is related to non-scalable bitmap fonts and fixes another problem linked to joystick crashes.
For Team Fortress 2 the list of changes is a little bit long and includes:
- Added a prompt to turn on controller mode when using Big Picture
- Increased console font size for the Linux version
- Fixed some problems caused by disabling controller mode
- Fixed missing HUD sounds for Engineer building status panel
- Fixed the Spy version of the tf_zombie entity not using the correct skin
- Fixed international keyboard chat and console input for the Linux version