Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, the first-person shooter from developer Treyarch and publisher Activision Blizzard, has managed to sell better than Halo 4, from 343 Industries and Microsoft, on the United States market for the month of November.
The rest of the top ten includes, according to the NPD Group, as quoted by Gamasutra:
3. Assassin's Creed III - Ubisoft
4. Just Dance 4 - Ubisoft
5. Madden NFL 13 - Electronic Arts
6. Skylanders Giants - Activision
7. Need For Speed: Most Wanted – Electronic Arts
8. NBA 2K13 - 2K Sports
9. WWE 13 - THQ
10. FIFA Soccer 13 – Electronic Arts
The problem is that, despite the strong performance of Black Ops 2 and the launch of a much-awaited Halo title, the value for overall video games sales in the United States for the month has dropped by about 11 percent when compared to the same period of 2011.