The development team at Valve is offering all those who are using the new Big Picture mode for the Half-Life 2 series of video games and Portal an update which is designed to offer better support for controller while also eliminating at least one serious crash.The official patch notes read:
- Added controller menu navigation
- Dual stick controllers are now the default controller layout
- Fixed controller disabling the crosshair
- Fixed some weapons not being selectable with controller for some players
- Fixed file loading crash that affected some players
Half-Life 2, Episode 1 and 2 and Portal are some of the most successful games that Valve has ever created and the company is aiming to give them all the support they need to keep the fan base happy.